Laws affect almost every aspect of your life. Don’t forget to vote with a vengeance!
The new trendy way to get around is on a dockless scooter. This mode of transportation is fun, efficient, good for the environment, and easy. People are literally jumping on board.
There are a few negatives to using dockless scooters, though. Collisions between vehicles and dockless scooter riders could lead to serious personal injuries. If you’re considering joining in the new trend, you may want to learn about the pros and cons of dockless scooters.
Vote with a vengeance will also provide some safety tips for you, which could decrease your chances of being involved in an accident.
Dockless Scooters Are Good
The positives of dockless scooters are plentiful. These scooters are electric, which means they are easy to use and won’t wear you out. They are relatively inexpensive and you can rent them with an app downloaded on your smartphone in most cases.
Additionally, you’re often allowed to leave them almost anywhere, which means they are extremely convenient—no endless searching for a parking space and no fighting rush hour traffic.
Dockless Scooters Are Bad
Although there are many benefits to dockless scooters in your community, there are some drawbacks that should be discussed as well.
- First, dockless scooters can become a nuisance. People riding them often disregard traffic rules because they either don’t know the rules or simply don’t care to follow them.
- Second, these scooters can often be a tripping hazard for pedestrians, because people sometimes leave them wherever they feel like.
- Third, scooter riders can be difficult to spot, and drivers can collide with them. This means there is now another way for people to be injured on the road. Following safety advice might make you a little safer.
Safety Tips When Riding a Dockless Scooter
The safety tips for scooter riding are pretty similar to those for bicycle riding.
- You should wear a helmet. A helmet could protect your brain from injury in the event of an accident.
- You should consider wearing brightly colored clothing, especially if riding at night. Some people advise that you don’t ride at night unless the scooter is equipped with lighting.
- You should follow the rules of the road.
- Never scoot while intoxicated.
Your Vote Is Priceless
Some people are loving the new trend of dockless scooters in their neighborhoods, but these transportation devices aren’t right for every community. If you don’t think they’re working in your community, don’t forget that you have a voice. If you want changes made where you live, always vote with a vengeance.